Here are the details below
'WORKING WITH GYPSY, ROMA & TRAVELLER COMMUNITIES’ - TRAINING DAY
The Romani Cultural & Arts Company are pleased to welcome delegates on 6th November 2017, to a stimulating training session focused on ‘working with the Gypsy, Roma & Traveller community’.
The Romani Cultural & Arts Company is unique - a Gypsy, Roma & Traveller-led organisation that develops the community it serves from the inside-out.
We provide a deep insight into everything ‘GRT’ in a way no other organisation can.
Who should attend this training?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in ensuring that their services are inclusive and accessible for the Gypsy,Roma and Traveller communities. It would be particularly useful for those who work in planning, housing and accommodation, equality, health, education, social services and the early years.
Why should you attend this training?
It will assist you to:
Ensure effective engagement with the Gypsy, Roma, Traveller communities in your particular area
Be understanding and informed in your interactions with people from the Gypsy, Roma, Traveller communities
Be better able to assess the service needs that address the Gypsy, Roma, Traveller communities in Wales
To increase awareness about the cultural diversity in Wales, to address issues and needs of Gypsy, Roma, Travellers in Wales, to inspire and improve the services and provision delivered to GRT communities and to generate trust and understanding between GRT communities and local authority service providers.
• To achieve a broader and more comprehensive understanding of the needs of GRT communities, from a local authority perspective;
• To develop a level of knowledge that will enhance and inform local authority officers’ interactions with individuals and groups from the GRT communities in their areas and localities;
• To introduce knowledge regarding the important differences between Gypsy, Roma, Traveller communities and their cultures, languages and origins, insofar as is useful to participants in the training, with the aim of inspiring best practice and improving service delivery;
• To introduce to participants examples of community members who are role models and who can challenge the prevailing stereotypes of Gypsies and Travellers or the negative images of Roma, present in media and popular press;
By the end the session participants will have:
• Increased their knowledge of the culture, traditions and history of the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities (this includes a timeline of key historical events and legislation);
• Developed an understanding of diversity within the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities (that is, who are Gypsies, Roma and Travellers?);
• Increased their awareness regarding the prejudice and discrimination faced by Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities in Wales and more widely across the UK;
• Identified obstacles to access and attitudinal issues or barriers in education, health, employment, accommodation, safeguarding and other public services, that inhibit the delivery of quality provision to GRT communities;
• Improved participants’ understandings of how to engage effectively with the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller community and what they can do to address exclusion and ensure inclusion in the delivery of services;
• Developed an Action Plan that will put their learning into practice, in the workplace;
• Established a baseline of knowledge and support that can be accessed to assist officers.
There will only be 50 places available so please book early to avoid disappointment. The cost for the day (to include light refreshments & lunch) is £145 per delegate, if you book before the Tuesday 24th October and £160 per delegate if you book between Tuesday 24th October and 3rd November 2017. Places will only be secured with a confirmed payment.
Please email for a booking form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you,
Kushti Bok; be well
Good luck and good health
The Romani Cultural and Arts Company
13a Cathedral Road
Tel: 02920 786 439
Mob: 07854 412 097
Tel: 02920 786 439
Mob: 07854 412 097
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzAocVvzhdthsxJGrsfYgw
Visit our website at: www.romaniarts.co.uk
The Romani Cultural and Arts Company was formed in September 2009 as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee (No. 07005660) and is a registered charity (No.1138150). Working through the arts the Company raises funds to take community development and educational projects onto Gypsy, Roma and Traveller sites and into Gorjer and ‘country-folk’ communities across Wales.
We are a Gypsy, Roma and Traveller community development organisation at heart. We are led by Gypsies, Roma and Travellers, we are about Gypsies, Roma and Travellers, we are for Gypsies, Roma and Travellers. We believe that the community can be developed to become fully accepted participants in mainstream society while still retaining their distinct culture and heritage.