Media and Campaigning advice and training
Taster Workshops: We are offering places to 6 young Gypsies and Travellers aged 18-24 who are interested in interested in learning more about creative campaigning, activism and getting their voices heard by those who need to hear it.
DEADLINE TO APPLY 10th June 2021
What will it involve?
Successful applicants will take part in 4 1.5hr interactive workshops taking place online and be offered an iPad style tablet and a wi-fi dongle to take part. We can offer you lots of help to get involved and you will get an introduction to:
- Legal non-violent direct action
- Social media and marketing your campaign creatively
- How the media works and how to use it
- How to present yourself online and use documentary photography and film
When will it happen?
The dates and times you will need to be available are
- Monday June 28th 6.00-7.30pm
- Thursday 1st July 6.00-7.30pm
- Monday 5th July 6.00-7.30pm
- Wednesday 7th July 6.00-7.30pm (online or potentially in person)
If you are interested these workshops will also help you to take part in Drive to Survive and help challenge the anti-trespass bill https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/news/2021/06/drive-survive-say-gypsy-and-traveller-campaigners-and-fight-anti-traveller-laws should you want to.
These workshops have been commissioned and supported by Traveller Movement and will be run by Travellers Times, Rural Media and Jake Bowers